Sivananda's Personality-87


21/11/2017

Yes, the Master was a perfect saint, a saint among saints—a Sirius in the spiritual galaxy. Other saints loved him with all their heart and all their soul. Many of them visited him at his Ashram.

Venerable souls like Swami Naradananda of Naimisharanya, Purushottamananda of Vasishta Guha, sat in his presence with tears of love bedimming their aged cheeks. Lofty souls like Sati Godavari Ma of Sakori did Pada Puja to him in the customary manner.

Pontiffs like the Shankaracharya of Dwaraka Peeth, embraced the Master in boundless love. Adorable saints like Ananda Mayee Ma and Parvatikar Maharaj, sang in divine ecstasy in his Satsang.

Some well-known saints like Swami Ramdas of Kanhangad, Sadhu Vaswani of Poona, and the Shankaracharya of Kancheepuram, exchanged loving letters with him.

Sri Satya Sai Baba of Andhra Pradesh, also visited the Master. Materialising a rudrakasha mala with gold links, he lovingly presented it to the Master.

In one letter, Sadhu Vaswani wrote : -

"I think of you oftener than you may know; and as I think of you, I think of the angels around you. Methinks, I see your picture before me, and I bow to it with love in my heart; and the prayer of a saint rises within me: - "Beloved, come thou in the temple of my heart, and let me touch thy feet in pure, gentle love."
Swami Sivananda
To be continued ...

Sri N. Ananthanarayanan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Biography :

20. BALASUNDARAM :

Sivananda's Personality - 15.